Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Workshop Visitors

Look who decided to come visit me while I was sewing! A beautiful White Heron. I don't know if you can see, but she is about 4 feet tall. Exquisite. My sewing machine sits right in front of a 5 foot window. I looked up from sewing and she was just standing there, just a few feet away. I slowly reached over and got my camera and snapped these pictures. We live on a tidal creek and the Cape Fear River is 2000 feet from our home. I have never seen a Heron come so close to our house. She was so regal and walked so cautiously.







I hope she comes back soon. Right now a squirell is my back yard friend. She is busy burying something everyday! It is weird to see a squirell, because the only trees I have in my yard are palm trees.


Speaking of visitors! My mom and friend Lynn were visiting my shop and plopped down on sofa that is waiting to be slipped. I love having friends, feathered, bushy tailed or not...stop by and visit for a little while.





Follow Slipcover Chic on Facebook and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. She's gorgeous! You're so lucky to have had her come into the yard! I love those birds.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...